Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cinderella

As a wedding photographer, I count it such a privilege to get to know the couples whose weddings I photograph. I guess I've been blessed-the brides and grooms I've served are just truly sweet, wonderful people. So when the wedding itself rolls around there is usually a time or two during shooting where I get just plain choked up out of happiness for them and their families.

One thing especially gets me: the Father-Daughter dance. I don't know if it's because it reminds me of my own sweet Dad, or because I look forward to the day when, Lord willing, I will watch my own daughter dance with my husband at her wedding, or if it's just seeing the tender love between a father and daughter.

A couple of months ago, while driving down to Florida with the whole family, I heard the song "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman for the first time. Talk about getting choked up!! My first thought was that this would make a really great song for someone's Father Daughter dance at their wedding!

I would like to gift this song to the first five people that email me at (info at vanessabartelsphoto dot com) with "Cinderella" written in the subject line! You don't have to be a bride or groom, father or daughter-just email me! I just noticed that you can gift someone a song through iTunes, and I want to try it out. Time to see if anyone reads my blog! :^)

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

One lucky winner so far....thanks Christine!

Anonymous said...

Vanessa - this is the greatest photo!! How many tosses did it take to get such a shot? A good pic to save & project on screen should a father/daughter dance happen down the road ... of course your sweet girl will probably be dressed much more like Cinderella (sorry I didn't really follow the rules - I realize this is not an email nor does it have a subj. line oh well, i never was much good at following the rules...) Rachel

Vanessa said...

Hi Rachel!!! Thanks for the comment! I think he tossed her up three or four times-I just got lucky! Be sure to email me at the address above-I need your email address to send you the song! Hugs to your family!

Abby said...

Very cute shot! I love Elsie's expression :)
Guess what? I got my camera!!
I just got it yesterday, but I'm pretty much in love with it already! I'm posting my snapshots (for now) on my blog, so check em out! Love to you and the beautiful family!!

Beckyb said...

What a great pic!!! I love it!!!