Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Song For Baby Cornelius...

...as sung by his Mommy.

You are my Sunshine

My little Sunshine

You make me happy

When skies are grey

You'll never know, dear

How much I love you

Please don't take my Sunshine away...


A few weeks ago I was honored and humbled to meet Baby Cornelius and his wonderful family. Cornelius has a beautiful big sister Adella, a loving Mommy and Daddy, adoring Grandpas and Grandmas, Aunties, Uncles, cousins and friends. Cornelius also has a genetic disorder called Spinal Muscular Atrophy.

In learning a little bit about this family's journey, Cornelius' family amazed me with their strength and courage, as well as their thankfulness and joy for each day they have together as a family.

Please join me in praying for miracles for Baby Cornelius (there is no known cure for SMA), and for continued courage and strength for his family and all who love him.

If anyone would like to contribute to a benefit fund to help with Cornelius' medical expenses, please contact me and I can forward that information to you.

Sweet little Cornelius,
I am changed for having met you....you are remarkable.
Love and prayers
Vanessa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, what beautiful beautiful images. a beautiful family and cornelius looks like a darling. and then i hit the end and need to go find a hankie.

gorgeous pictures and very touching--

Anonymous said...

Vanessa,
What beautiful pictures and memories. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with our family!
Lora

Robyn said...

Vanessa,

It was such a pleasure meeting you! Thank you so very much for this absolutely priceless gift that you have given to our family. It was so evident to us that it came from your heart. Our words can not express our gratitude! The pictures are so beautiful.

'Aunt' ~ Robyn Hoekstra

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO SO MUCH! These pictures are beautiful. We will cherish them forever! They will definitely help us remember the good times! THANK YOU!

Abby said...

These are so lovely! I don't have much to give, but I'd love to contribute, send me the info!

Emily said...

I love these pictures!

Tiffany Izatt said...

Wow, thanks for this post, so sweet, and also giving.