Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Monday morning to you!

I am thankful for a new week. I met with a few women for book discussion this morning, and through our study of a good book was encouraged to start off the new week trying with God's help to be more gracious, selfless, faithful and patient. Sometimes it's easy to get discouraged by the long ways I have to go. I'm so thankful for the patience shown to me in this regard.... :-)

I am excited to share a few favorites from a recent engagement session with you this morning.

Emily and Benj were in town visiting from the Twin Cities area of MN, and wanted to get some engagement portraits made. While it was a pretty nice day with no wind, it was still only 26 degrees outside so we started off inside for a few.




I went to Benj and Emily's mywedding.com website, and noticed that they are requesting no gifts for their wedding, but only donations to Heifer International. Love that idea.

We did brave the elements for a few minutes to get some outside shots.

Benj proposed to Emily in a barn at an apple orchard...not THIS barn, but still a fun photo op!

Benj and Emily-thanks for the fun shoot...I look forward to your wedding in a couple of months!

3 comments:

Jessica Kok said...

fun, fun, fun.

i got the gift card. thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've never posted a comment before, but I've been following your blog for a while now after stumbling upon it months ago and being totally captivated by your work! I think your pictures are just amazing, and I wished I lived in your neck of the woods -- I'd try to book you even if I had to wait ages for an opening!

But at the moment, I'm so curious about the little set of stairs in this set of pictures -- the one where he's standing and she's sitting. Are we not seeing the whole flight, or is that in fact the smallest/narrowest set of stairs in the world??

Signed,
--"admirous" and curious :)

Vanessa Bartels said...

Wow! Thanks for the very kind words! :-)

The shot you ask about was taken right inside the entrance of a local building. The couple is on the landing and it's kind of split level. When you enter, you go up to the middle level using the stairs on the right, or down to the lowest level if you go to the left...down a similar flight of stairs (that you can't see) behind Benj.

Thanks for stopping by...come again!