Saturday, June 20, 2009

This girl has got STYLE....

...and I got to make her senior portraits!

I happened to see Amy's prom dress on Facebook and was excited that she chose to wear it for a few of her senior portraits! So pretty!

Amy enjoys neutral colors, but I could not resist this colorful shot of her downtown!

I'm loving the contrast between the textures of the dilapidated door and windows and Amy's elegance.

We had an absolutely gorgeous night for outside portraits, but it did get very cool at the end of the evening. I asked Amy to lie down on this COLD metal door thing....brrr! Then, a police officer stopped by after seeing me and Amy's Mom bent over a lying down Amy. He was concerned she was hurt! First police encounter while shooting pictures! Or ever, for that matter. Actually no...I have gotten two speeding tickets in my life. When I was a high school senior I think. Sorry...I am rambling!

Thanks so much for making the session so enjoyable, Amy!

I hope your mission trip to Haiti went well! Hope to hear about it soon!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful. Beautiful girl. Beautiful shots. Love the - do you call it "bokeh"?- in the second shot. Perfect accessory for her dress.

Amy said...

Thanks for taking my pictures Vanessa :) They're beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Shannon....yes...bokeh is my friend! :-)

Amy....sooo glad you like your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oops...I am on my hubby's computer. The above comment is from me....Vanessa. :-)

Anonymous said...

these are fantastic shots. she is a beautiful girl. I love the first one. the blue sky is striking against her dark hair and skin.