Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The color purple...





Tonight I got to do a session with Becky and Joe and their family. Their boys have played hockey with our boys and they have a little girl about Elsie's age. We did some family and individual pictures and I wanted to show you one of Chloe alone. Her favorite color is purple...

Eric and the boys were throwing the football while the session was going on because it was such a beautiful night. At one point Eric came over to "help me" and took some pictures while I was rearranging the group-my camera was on the tripod.

I thought you might get a chuckle out of a rare shot of me in action! That's me on the right in first image. When I pose people I sometimes just show them what I want them to do (lie on the ground in the leaves,) thus the leaves on my sweater! I think I ran around the whole session with those leaves on! No wonder they could not stop smiling!

The shot of them laughing is when Eric was "helping me get them to smile!" I wish I had a shot of him doing his crazy antics-if I did I am sure it would beat the pants off the very flattering shot of me!

3 comments:

Beckyb said...

Vanessa - Eric was a riot!!! I am thinking you should take him along on your photo shoots!! But I am sure he's a pricey side-kick! We had a great time - thank you so much - can't wait to see more!!

Sophie's Mom said...

Beautiful shots! I especially love the tire swing picture. It is laid out so beautifully. So glad I found your blog! I've been taking pictures for fun, and I'm ready to start charging, so looking at beautiful pictures such as yours is a big help!

JulieM said...

Vanessa it was fun to find your blog. I was hoping to get you to SF for some fall pictures. I had intentions of calling all summer to set up a time but time flew way too fast. I maybe should call now for next fall :)!!! Your pictures are beautiful.