Sunday, May 18, 2008

Finally....

....spring is here! It seems to have been just the longest, coldest, snowiest winter, and I could not be more delighted that the grass is green, and there are BLOSSOMS EVERYWHERE! The pops of color are such a welcome touch of beauty! I had to snap a few pictures and thought I'd share them with you.

Our apple tree

A lilac bush we saw while down town for Tulip Festival (more on that later.)

A closeup of one of those trees that has "purple branches" in the spring. What are these trees called? I would love to plant one!

Elsie oooohing and ahhhing over the apple blossoms


4 comments:

Carey said...

Beautiful! I love the picture of Elsie!

Jessica Kok said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Kok said...

lilacs and tulips, oh if only you grew in texas!

Sarah said...

I love that last picture of Elsie and the bloom, so precious!