Monday, March 15, 2010

Great weekend!

Thank you so much to all who came out this past weekend! It was lots of fun sharing my new space with you all! Those who came out were entered in a drawing for some door prizes, and the winners are:

$100 Gift Certificate to Generations Portraiture: Kim Doughan
Bottle Cap Necklace: Alysia Haveman
Bottle Cap Necklace: Karen Whitt
Bottle Cap Necklace: Kelly Emmelkamp

Here are a few quick shots of the studio for those who were not able to come...


The centerpiece is a tree branch full of bottle cap necklaces that my sister Sarah makes. I asked her to bring them to the studio for the open house. They are so much fun!


The outside of the studio is not quite finished. When it melts outside we are planning on building a porch on the front. The man in this picture lived on our place many years growing up. It was a delight to hear some of his stories. He remembers when this barn was built...in the 1940s. Actually, that man's granddaughter is our dearly beloved summer babysitter Emily. And...I will be photographing another one of his granddaughter's (Emily's sister's) wedding this summer! I am blessed!

Have a great week and please stay tuned to the blog as I continue to catch up on last summer and fall's sessions!

8 comments:

Kim said...

I am so excited to have won something! Thanks Vanessa and your building looks GREAT!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa-- That was me that deleted a couple of posts.. I tried to post & it showed nothing so I kept pushing post. Then I had 3 different posts.. UGH! Sorry-- I am wondering if you are willing to give me a little info about the decorating of your new place. We are in the process of redoing a room at home & I have been having a hard time visualizing what I want. When I saw your pictures I knew that's what I love. Wondering what color paint you used? What kind of trim on the base board? & where you got your wood looking furniature? Sorry so many questions & I totally understand if you would rather not give that information out. Just thought I would ask. Thanks so much!
Becky Hiemstra
ebhiemstra@yahoo.com

Vanessa Bartels said...

Kim....congrats!!

Becky...thanks..I am glad you like the studio's decor! I will send you an email in just a bit.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Vanessa, it looks so beautiful! I can't believe we swept that floor when it was bare concrete.

P.S. I'm so glad you got a picture of Grandma and Grandpa. Everything looks so wonderful. :) I miss you all!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Wear did you find the Christmas card holders? I have been searching for something like that!?
-Megan

Vanessa said...

Megan...thanks! They are from Pottery Barn from a few years back!